Sunday, April 20, 2008

Unchurched Friend #3

This is late but I wanted to post it anyway...my friend finally got around to answering my questions! I am glad that he is doing well, so even though they are kind of late he had a good excuse!

This is from one of my old friends that I used to run around with in High School. Needless to say we both got caught up in some pretty negative things! Fortunately, we both made it out...but not without scars and consequences!

Here are his responses to the questions I asked him:

1. What do you think is the greatest need in your area?
Many younger people complain of boredom, don't know how you fix
that. I enjoy the slower pace (hiking, camping, reading, etc.)

2. Are you actively attending any church?
No

3. What are a few issues or topics that impact/interest you?
Environmental concerns, physical/mental well being, senseless
discrimination and violence

4. Why do you think most people don’t attend church?
Can't speak for most people, I personally don't because there are
many different sects and religions and many of them believe their way is the only way, how do you know which is right I feel I have spiritual faith in a higher power but not in a religious sense

5. If you were to look for a church to attend, what kind of things would you look for?
A knowledgeable leader of the church, welcoming and open minded members and overall welcoming atmosphere

6. What advice can you give to pastors who really want to be helpful to people?
Be open minded and listen well, knowledge of your faith, have a
sincere desire to help people and share the messages of your faith

No comments: