Tuesday, April 8, 2008

New Believer 3

1. Tell me about your journey to faith in Christ?

I was raised Mormon and around 16 I quit going because there seemed to be too many rules. The thought of not going to heaven because I drank a Coca-Cola did not seem right. I always had faith but was turned off to church and what it seemed to be about! I have a friend who attends SVCC and I went to attend and they did not shove anything down my throat and they welcomed me and that helped me to reinvestigate my faith.

2. What helped you the most to step over the line and make the commitment?

Probably, the situation in my life at the time…I was going through a really tough time (depression) and I had a feeling that God was telling me that it was time to come home; as in commit suicide) when I went to church it opened my eyes to what I was missing in life and help me see God in life.

3. What has been the best part of becoming a Christ follower for you?

The peace tat I have. I have 3 teenagers and live is crazy they always have to go somewhere, but I can turn to the Lord and feel peace inside.

4. What has been the most challenging part of following Christ?

Letting go of control and letting God have control. It has been hard to learn how to just let go of it.

5. What do you think is helping you grow the most in your faith?

Prayer…praying and just actually seeing what I am praying for come true. It may not happen right away but it happens.

6. What advice do you have for me in helping others like you to grow in their faith?

Be very compassionate and understanding. Being raised in the Mormon faith was about a bunch of rules and judgmental attitudes. Sometimes it helps when you help people individuals understand that God does not expect us to fit any mold before he will accept us.

No comments: